Dianabol is a muscle building drug. This modified form of Testosterone – body’s natural male hormone – is the second Anabolic Steroid to be produced after the aforementioned hormone. This is the drug that can make you Arnold Schwarzenegger, literally! However, the abuse of it led to its ban by Congress and currently it holds a ‘controlled’ status which means this drug is not be available from any Pharmacy except under special circumstances and prescription
Dianabol is an Anabolic steroid that beefs the muscle mass and stimulates extensive tissue building. The term anabolic means growth and this hormone does exactly that – musculinization of the user’s body in a surprisingly short period of time. This drug is the most popular amongst athletes and is commonly used for performance as well as muscle enhancement.
How is it used?
Dianabol is mostly used orally in the form of pill, however, the injectable dosage form is also available. The injectables are mainly used for veterinary purposes.
How does the drug work?
Methandrostenolone is the generic name of the drug and it functions just like Testosterone in the body except that it has lower binding capacity than the natural hormone. The lower protein binding and long half life of the drug account for its muscle building effect. The drug starts to accumulate in muscles, stimulates protein synthesis and boosts glucose production. All these effects result in the massive and palpable change in the body in a short period of time. This is the reason why it is, often times, known as the Arnold Drug because it beefs up the body, increases muscle strength and makes you look literally like the hulk.
Who uses it?
Mostly bodybuilders use the drug. The drug was popular to such an extent in 1990s that every professional athlete and body builder considered it a must for them.
Once used by women as tonic, this drug has been completely discontinued because of increased virility and development of male characteristics.
What is Dianabol Cycle?
Fast acting Dianabol and long term injectables are taken together to produce the immediate and long lasting effects. The results become obvious within a week of first cycle. Normally, a dose of 10mg/day suffices but the quantity is often times increased to 100mg/day. The cycle has a 3 – 6 week duration after which a break is taken to allow the body to recover the original hormone level which leads to the start of next cycle.
- Because Dianabol works to increase testosterone, it might stimulate the secondary effects i.e. acne on chest, back and face
- Stakes that alopecia (hair loss) might follow the regimen are high
- Increased water retention
- High blood pressure
- Decreased libido and sperm malformation
- Overuse might affect the body’s natural hormonal flow to such an extent that latter might stop functioning completely.
- Gynaecomastia (breast enhancement in males)
- Do not use it without a trainer’s recommendation and supervision
- Athletes should weigh the benefits and side effects before deciding to start the cycle
- Women must never use it
- Self prescription and self dosing should never be practised
- It is better to tone up your body through exercise and diet than to resort to drugs